Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I wanted to vent this out for long, but somehow the time did not come. The reason I say I wanted to vent it out is, I can not take it any more. I have to get it out of my system. Though I am not sure whether writing all about it will help, but as it goes, hope floats. (or does it?)
It started right since I first thought about it, and is still going on.
What I am talking about is, the identity crisis.
I remember once there was this casual chat with one of the professors of our college, and he asked me- "What do you want to become in your life?" And pathetically enough, I did not have an answer!
Perhaps all I could have said was "I want to become happy in my life", but somehow I did not even say that, and the professor seemed both surprised and kind of disappointed, while all others were saying things like "I want to become a CEO of a great firm" and all.
It is like I have woken up from a dream. A dream where I am the hero, excelling at academics, having immense intelligence, vast knowledge of things none would ever imagine a guy of my age to have. But then comes the time when I feel I should wake up.
When I was 5, I did what 10000 people of my age did.
When I was 10, I did what only 5000 of them could do.
When 15, I accomplished something that was limited to as few as 1000 people.
When 17, I did what only 500 people of my age could do.
When 21, I have done what 8 other people around me have done, (or probably less)
And now is the time I think I should do that NONE else has ever done.
But what?
I do not know.
This is what bugs me day in day out. Sleepless nights are spent on the same thing.
"What next?" is a nightmare.
Sometimes I strongly think, that the dream I was having was MUCH better than what I am experiencing right now. I try hard to get back to that state, but am never successful.
Is it possible to start sleepwalking through life once again?
I wonder. I really do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spiral Galaxie said...

It's a paradox! At once this unknowing is both infuriating (to be uinaware of that special time and place which will unlock ones destiny) and also liberating....for the Great Mystery of our existance is where all the infiniote potential lies, unrealised.

Good Luck with your journey of Life this year, may your inner dreams and desires be realised:))

Aum Shanti

8:08 pm  
Blogger Sharique said...

And who are those 8 people??

6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home